PLEASE Note and USE the <SLIDERS> to see Before & After images. Also open up your browser window as big as you can to get the best view!
Here is an assortment of food projects that needed some WampHelp ©
Snapple needed their bottle to better fit on some billboards & super-graphics (Building Sized). By raising the label and enhancing the legibility of glass “S,” the extension on the billboard wasn’t wasted on large expanses of glass. Not to mention I made everything POP!
Raging Cow didn’t have the budget or hero bottles it needed to roar (or Moo loudly), but with a photographers help we were able to recreate it’s product line-up photographically. Due to the awkward intentional placements in the original design, lighting every bottle perfectly was next to impossible. I was able to use the flat art to fix areas of heavy shadows. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control or understanding, this image ended up being mainly used for portfolio purposes.
Plantains & bananas do no look the same, but Pollo Tropical needed some help making their 2 different stock photos match. They wanted to have a larger bunch of plantains with one cut open to match some of the other fruits shots they had on their website. Notice these were two completely different stock shots. I’ve already overlapped them and scaled them to be in the same ballpark, so you can see the tougher work of splitting the difference for BOTH sets of fruits. The plantains in the back were too green. The yellow normal bananas in the front needed more green, as well as lots of bruises and speckling, to feel more like their Caribbean brethren.
It’s apparently very expensive to get customized marshmallows to match your logo, especially for just one ad. 70k ft decided to use my talents to help the spoon & bowl shots come together for an ad’s main image.
La Créme had seen comps of their labels for every meeting, but now they wanted to actually have printed comps of the final products. So I used my previously comps and integrated the final photography with a few retouching adjustments. The colors were tweaked and the rivers & expanses of yogurt went whereever the designers dreamed.
It’s pretty hard to perfectly nestle copy into an actual photograph. You TRY to do it ahead of time, but until you have the actual size, dimensions, and other labels that it needs to match.
Delicate peaches plus ethereal yogurt are also tough to capture in reality.
Dark brown beans, white yogurt, and white translucent delicate flowers also don’t play well together.
Some designers wanted to take the client’s previously shot photos up another notch.
Grilled lettuce is not only hard to do properly, it’s hard to photograph and make it look like it sounds in a smaller printed menu.
Translucent plastic tops, subtle real shadows, and proper product coloring were issues when taking this photography into the all purpose clipped library.
Just wanted to show how even subtle moves made this comped aspirational Red Lobster menu even finer.